January can begin with a review of what we achieved in the past year and setting new goals for the year. One of those goals could be to change your career or to review your current role. It may be the time to think about whether you are actually doing the work that inspires and uplifts you. As we spend so much time at work, it's critical that we enjoy doing it and that it inspires us most of the time. ...continue reading "New Year, New Career?"
As the summer holidays come to an end and September approaches, this new month feels like the start of something new. September is the start of a new academic year and as I worked in education before I became a coach this month always has the flavour of a new beginning.
For many women in their fifties September is the time when our children embark on their journey to university. Their departure can leave us feeling empty and with a deep sense of loss. We wonder what to do with our lives now that we have more space for ourselves.
Like the change of seasons, change is a constant, but when change arrives it is not always welcomed or anticipated. Letting go of the old is part of a life transition and there will be a time when we are "cocooning." Cocooning isn't a dormant phase, but rather a phase of gathering new energy around us, like a space " in between." Eventually we feel ready to start our next new cycle/life phase.
- Venture into new territory - find a different route to work or discover a new walk in your local area
- Register for that course or evening class you have been thinking about for a while but have not got round to doing.
- Buy something in a new colour. A new scarf or lipstick will bring in fresh energy.
- Review your morning routine. Does it need a few tweaks e.g. a healthier breakfast or getting up half an hour earlier so you have more space for visualising/meditating/morning stretches.
Here are 3 questions you can ask yourself at the beginning of a new month:-
- What would I like to initiate this month?
- What needs to be brought back into balance? ( e..g finances, energy levels, quality time alone.)
- What do I want to have achieved by the end of this month?
Wishing you a wonderful September........