Are you feeling drained by the sheer amount of things you have to do every day?
Today as I write, it feels like spring is in the air. This morning, when I woke up to sunshine pouring in through the windows I was reminded that just being here is a gift and that our time is precious. No-one likes wasting time so it comes down to a question of re-prioritising. Sometimes it's good to stop and re-examine how we are spending our time so that we can begin to free up some more time and energy.
If your life was a really precious gift how would you want to spend your time this week?
What would bring you the most joy and pleasure?
Write down some of the things that you love doing every day that will lift your spirits and connect you to your heart. Call this list A.
Now make a list of all the aspects of your life that are not working well; the things that drain you or make you feel flat and call this list B. (You might have a never ending to-do list which never goes down. Just thinking about it could be draining you! )
- How could you reduce the things on list B so you can do more of the things on list A?
- Some of the items on list B will be things that you have to do so is there a way to do them differently so that you can feel lighter and more energised?
- Are there things on list A that you have forgotten about? Schedule in couple of them into your week and notice how you feel afterwards.
- It might be that you need to create a more balanced life by dropping some activities on list B that are not serving you.
- Remember to schedule in some "alone time" to give you the time and space to daydream.
Let me know how you get on by posting a comment below.