What’s brought me here?
Hi, I’m Heather and I’d like to share something of myself and the life journey that has led me to this moment.
In my 20's, after gaining a teaching degree and studying Psychology, I became a primary teacher. From childhood I had always had a sense of adventure and knew I wanted to travel, so I jumped at an opportunity to teach in Colombia. I had an amazing two years. I learnt so much about life and expanded my horizons.
I married in my 30's and when we decided to start a family we relocated to Devon. It was a move that required unexpected mental adjustments after my London life – I was living in a rural farming area and had a long drive across Dartmoor to the school where I worked. No handy late-night shops there!
When I reached my 40's, I had a difficult marriage break-up followed by a major health crisis. Totally exhausted, I was forced to stop and re-evaluate my life. I realised that I had gradually lost connection with myself. I didn’t know who I was any more – the confident career woman had disappeared.
I had to learn how to put myself back into the centre of my own life. From that point onwards, things started to fall into place. At 49, I had a successful career as an educational adviser, but after a while being part of a large organisation no longer inspired me. My personal values were no longer aligned with the organisation. I felt like "a square peg in a round hole." I longed to feel free again and to reconnect to the things I felt passionate about.
It was a natural step for me to train as a coach. Setting off on a new career path widened my horizons. Suddenly my life became filled with exciting possibilities. As I reconnected to who I was inside, my life expanded to meet me. The serendipity of events and new connections that have shown up continue to affirm my new life path.
In my 50's I have continued to study and evolve as a coach. In 2010 I discovered Logosynthesis and by 2012 I had become the first UK practitioner. I wanted to find a way to support my clients to clear any limiting beliefs and fears that may come up and Logosynthesis is an amazing new process I use with all my clients. I am delighted by how it clears away the old "stuck energy" from the past.
Now in my late-fifties, I am back living and working in London. Life has gone full circle and I feel inspired and excited by my new life!
I believe that our 50s is the perfect time to create the life we have always dreamed of living! I am here to support you to reconnect to your dreams, rediscover the things you love and what gives you joy, so that you can fully express who you are!
What’s important to me?
- I believe that growing and learning is a lifelong commitment to ourselves.
- I experience life as a journey of discovery and exploration.
- I treat every new day as an adventure and every encounter as an opportunity to be the best I can be.
- I enjoy finding the extraordinary in the ordinary and am open to what is possible.
Three things I’ve done in the last few months to live a more vibrant life
- Spent a week at a writing retreat in France, hidden away in the Cevennes mountains. As well as being creatively inspired I swam under waterfalls and danced outside in the moonlight beneath the stars.
- Tried my hand at jewellery making and discovered that working with silver is both alchemical and fun.
- Booked an evening ride on the London Eye (it’s been on my wish list for a while now).